BAVARIAN RESEARCH NETWORK INDUCED PLURIPOTENT STEM CELLS
Individual- and social-ethical perspectives on a translational research project
Field of work:Accompanying research on bioethical aspects and the discourse with the general public
This ethical reseach project within the research network focuses on potential ethical, legal and social problems which might come up during biotechnological research. The ethical project conducted at the Institute of Technology-Theology-Natural Sciences aims to foster the dialogue between public and scientific community on the challenges and risks as well as the benefits of the biotechnological research.
Public concerns will be discussed during seminars for an interested public, ethical issues will be raised with PH.D. students of natural sciences and a continuous intensive exchange with all scientists involved are major issues of the ethical project.
- Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Department of Biology, Division of Animal Physiology
- Institute of Biochemistry
- Interdisciplinary Center for Clinical Research, Nikolaus-Fiebiger Center for Molecular Medicine
- Lehrstuhl für Humangenetik Institut für Humangenetik
- Chair of Systematic Theology II (Ethics)
- University Hospital Erlangen, Division of Molecular Neurology
- Technische Universtität München (TUM)
- Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich (LMU)
- University of Regensburg
- Julius-Maximilians-University of Wuerzburg