Bavaria-Israel-UK Symposium: “Horizon Europe, Cluster 2: Culture, creativity and inclusive society” (October 19, 2021)
The symposium will focus on the following calls:
- Workshop 1: HORIZON-CL2-2022-DEMOCRACY-01-05: Evolution of political extremism and its influence on contemporary social and political dialogue
- Workshop 2: HORIZON-CL2-HERITAGE-2022-01-02: Europe’s cultural heritage and arts - promoting our values at home and abroad (RIA)
- Workshop 3: HORIZON-CL2-2022-DEMOCRACY-01-07: Politics and the impact of online social networks and new media
- Workshop 4: HORIZON-CL2-2022-HERITAGE-01-08: Effects of climate change and natural hazards on cultural heritage and remediation
The individual workshops will be accompanied by experts from the Scientific Coordination Office (WKS) Bavaria-Israel of the Bavarian Research Alliance (BayFOR), the Israel-Europe R&D Directorate (ISERD) and the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI).
During the event, participants will have the opportunity to
- get an overview of the requirements of the new EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation "Horizon Europe" and specific information on the selected calls;
- present their specific project idea and/or area of expertise on one of below mentioned topics in a short pitch (max. 3 minutes / max. 4 slides);
- find new partners for a potential Horizon Europe consortium;
- expand their own international network and establish new contacts.
On 14 October 2021, from 10:00-11:00 (CET), BayFOR, ISERD and UKRI will offer a joint preparatory webinar "Horizon Europe for Applicants: How to write a successful proposal", presenting evaluation criteria, requirements of the new template and key points to build a successful consortium.
10:00 – 11:00 Opening and Introduction
- Input 1: “Cluster 2: Culture, creativity and inclusive society - Policy aspects.”
(Anni Laihanen, UK Research and Innovation)
- Input 2: „How to become a coordinator of an EU project? A first-hand experience."
(Prof. Julia Prieß-Buchheit, Hochschule Coburg)
11:00 – 12:15 Workshop 1:
Evolution of political extremism and its influence on contemporary social and political dialogue (RIA) (HORIZON-CL2-2022-DEMOCRACY-01-05)
Moderation: Anna Abelmann (BayFOR) & Smadar Hirsh (ISERD)
11:00 – 12:15 Workshop 2:
Europe’s cultural heritage and arts - promoting our values at home and abroad (RIA) (H-CL2-HERITAGE-2022-01-02)
Moderation: Anni Laihanen (UKRI) & Jessica Stroweis (ISERD)
12:00 – 13:15 Workshop 3:
Politics and the impact of online social networks and new media (RIA) (H-CL2-2022-DEMOCRACY-01-07)
Moderation: Jessica Stroweis (ISERD) & Max Stuprich (BayFOR)
12:00 – 13:15 Workshop 4:
WORKSHOP 4: Effects of climate change and natural hazards on cultural heritage and remediation (RIA) (H-CL2-2022-HERITAGE-01-08)
Moderation: Smadar Hirsh (ISERD) & Anni Laihanen (UKRI)
The event is aimed both at those interested in establishing new research contacts and launching new projects, as well as at those seeking additional partners for existing consortia.
Please find the agenda here.
19 October 2021, 10:00-13:30 (CET)
The event will be held online via webex. Participants will receive further information with the confirmation of their participation by e-mail.
Please register here.
The event is free of charge.