9th Bavaria-Israel-France Symposium: Climate-neutral and Smart Cities (29 November 2022, 10:00-12:30 CET)
The event invites Bavarian, Israeli and French stakeholders from research, industry, municipalities and other fields of expertise to discuss project ideas and to explore new cooperation and network opportunities.
Participants are invited to join one out of three parallel workshops:
- Workshop 1: HORIZON-MISS-2023-CLIMA-CITIES-01-01: Urban greening and re-naturing for urban regeneration, resilience, and climate neutrality
- WORKSHOP 2: HORIZON-MISS-2023-CIT-01-01: Co-designed smart systems and services for user-centred shared zero-emission mobility of people and freight in urban areas
- WORKSHOP 3: HORIZON-MISS-2023-CIT-01-02: Positive clean energy district (PED) digital twins – from modelling to creating climate neutral Cities
Experts from the Scientific Coordination Office (WKS) Bavaria-Israel of the Bavarian Research Alliance (BayFOR) and the Israel-Europe R&D Directorate (ISERD) will accompany and moderate the workshops.
During the event, participants will have the opportunity to
- get an overview of the requirements of the selected calls of the EU mission “Climate-neutral and Smart Cities”;
- present their project idea and/or area of expertise on one of below mentioned topics in a short pitch (max. 3 minutes / max. 4 slides);
- find new partners for a potential Horizon Europe consortium;
- expand their own international network and establish new contacts;
Additionally, participants are invited to a joint preparatory webinar "Horizon Europe for Applicants: How to write a successful proposal", presenting evaluation criteria, requirements of the new template and key points to build a successful consortium on 24 November from 10:00-11:00 (CET).
10:00 – 11:00: Opening and Introduction
- Opening and Welcome Words
(Moderation: Steven Schmerz | Office for Economy, Science, Technology, Education and Youth Exchange of Bavaria in Israel)
- Hagit Schwimmer (ISERD)
- Axel Honsdorf, Hervé Martin (BayFRANCE | Französische Botschaft Berlin)
- Anna Abelmann (BayFOR | WKS Bayern-Israel)
- Input: EU Mission “Climate-neutral and Smart Cities”: Policy background and current state-of-the-play
- Christos Fragakis (DG Research & Innovation | European Commission)
10:45-11:00: Coffee Break
11:00 – 12:30 (CET): Workshop 1:
HORIZON-MISS-2023-CLIMA-CITIES-01-01: Urban greening and re-naturing for urban regeneration, resilience, and climate neutrality
11:00 – 12:30 (CET): Workshop 2:
HORIZON-MISS-2023-CIT-01-01: Co-designed smart systems and services for user-centred shared zero-emission mobility of people and freight in urban areas
11:00 – 12:30 (CET): Workshop 3:
HORIZON-MISS-2023-CIT-01-02: Positive clean energy district (PED) digital twins – from modelling to creating climate neutral Cities
12:30 (CET): End of Event
The event is aimed both at those interested in establishing new research contacts and launching new projects, as well as at those seeking additional partners for existing consortia.
Please find the agenda here.
29 November 2022, 10:00-12:30 (CET).
The event will be held online via webex. Participants will receive further information with the confirmation of their participation by e-mail.
Please register here.
The event is free of charge.
Dr. des. Anna Abelmann-Brockmann
Senior Scientific Coordinator
Scientific Coordination Office Bavaria-Israel
Phone: +49 (0)89 - 9901 888 - 166