Connecting Europe Facility (CEF2) Digital strengthens investments in digital infrastructures from 2021 to 2027, in particular for cross-border connectivity and in socio-economic areas such as schools and hospitals, but also to increase the EU's competitiveness.
- Deployment of very high capacity networks, 5G networks with gigabit connectivity
- Uninterrupted coverage of all major European transport routes, including trans-European transport networks, with 5G systems
- Deployment of 5G systems, especially in socio-economic areas such as schools, hospitals, universities and in public administration
- Providing high quality local wireless connectivity in local communities that is free of charge and without discriminatory conditions
- Investing in cloud technologies, deploying backbone networks & providing undersea connectivity
- New digital infrastructures in cross-border projects on transport and energy and support for digital platforms in these areas
The CEF2 Digital budget is €3 billion. 75% of the budget goes to projects on 5G networks and 25% to the improvement of cross-border digital infrastructures and networks.
In order to implement the objectives of CEF2, calls for proposals are published for which both public and private institutions can apply with their project ideas and receive financial support from the EU if their application is successful. The funding rates depend on the type of project. Potential calls for proposals can be found in the preliminary work programme.
CEF2 Digital will improve digital infrastructure and access, e.g. to cloud networks, for industry and thus also for SMEs. In addition, SMEs can also participate in certain tender topics, for example in the improvement of cloud infrastructure.
Video about CEF2 Digital:
Do you have an idea for a funding application in the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF2) Digital programme and need support? Contact the Unit Information and Communication Technologies | Natural Sciences & Engineering of the Bavarian Research Alliance, we will be happy to help you: