Seminar & Workshop: "Strengthening capacities in institutions of Latin America, the Caribbean and the European Union for bi-regional scientific cooperation"
A 4-day face-to-face training program is proposed, for a maximum of 20 participants from countries in the EU, Latin America and the Caribbean, prioritizing those that have been less represented in bi-regional research projects. In principle only one delegate per country will be admitted, giving preference to those who can act as multipliers and trainers, such as staff of promotion agencies for research and innovation. More than one participant from a country may be possible if they cove their accommodation costs and if there are still places until the expected number of participants is completed. To favour the exchanges in the training the thematic focus of training will be on applications in the area of sustainable development (e.g. research on environment, climate, energy and bio-economy). The objective is that at the end of the program, the participants have learned to comply with all the necessary requirements to apply to the funds of the EU programs dedicated to cooperation in research and innovation. The training would be in charge of BayFOR in cooperation with experts from Slovenian Research Institutes and other relevant entities.
In order to participate in the seminar-workshop, candidates must meet the following conditions:
• Be a national of one of the countries of Latin America, the Caribbean or of the European Union named above.
• Work in a public or private institution that has the competency and/or capacity to submit proposals for tenders for scientific cooperation.
• Be proposed by an authority of your institution to participate.
• Personal experience in the preparation of proposals for tenders for scientific cooperation offered by the EU.
• Ability to reproduce the contents of the event in their own institution or in other institutions in their country.
• Have command of the English language at a professional level.
For more information, please see the preliminary agenda of the event.
Date and time
Monday, 20 May 2019, Start: 12:00, Networking dinner at 19:00
Tuesday, 21 May 2019, 9:15 to 18:00
Wednesday, 22 May 2019, 9:00 to 18:00, Tour of Piran at 18:00, Departure to Ljubljana at 20:00
Thursday, 23 May 2019, 9:15 to 17:00
Of the expenses for participation in this event, the organizers will cover the hotel with breakfast, local transport and lunches during the event. Participants must arrange financing in their institutions to cover the transport from their country of origin to the city of Ljubljana.
Please register until 31 March 2019, 17:30 (Central European Time) here. <link>firstname.lastname@example.org
The documentation to present is:
• Motivation letter of the applicant: Please explain how you meet the conditions mentioned above.
• CV of the applicant.
• Letter from the competent authority in your institution to present your proposal.
• Proof/certificate of his/her proficiency in English Language.
Contact at BayFOR:
Dr Thomas Ammerl
Head of Unit Environment, Energy & Bioeconomy
Prinzregentenstr. 52, 80538 Munich
Phone: +49 (0)89 9901888-120
<link http: www.bayfor.org english>www.bayfor.org/english