Bavarian-Czech Workshop: EDIHs & AI/Robotics Horizon Europe Calls 2024
The way we approach AI and robots will define the world we live in in the future. To build an economically strong and resilient Europe for the digital decade, people and businesses should be able to reap the benefits of this technology while feeling safe and secure. Fostering excellence in AI and robotics will strengthen Europe's global competitive potential – and will therefore also offer new chances to Bavaria and the Czech Republic.
European Digital Innovation Hubs (EDIHs) are EU-funded projects under the Digital Europe funding programme which promotes the digital transformation in society, businesses and public administrations, including in the areas of Artificial Intelligence and Cybersecurity and Trust. EDIHs are one-stop shops to help society, companies and public sector organisations respond to digital challenges and become more competitive. With the EDIH network, the European Commission aims to build a vibrant community of centres (hubs) and other stakeholders that promote networking, cooperation and knowledge transfer.
Bavarian and Czech EDIHs from the field of AI/robotics and cybersecurity will present themselves at the event.
As a participant, you will have the opportunity to:
- receive first-hand information on the future AI/robotics calls 2024 under Horizon Europe;
- network with other researchers and developers from the Czech Republic and Bavaria from academia and from companies working in the field of AI/robotics;
- give a short presentation (pitch talk of max. 4 minutes) about your expertise and/or project idea in the first two sessions;
- to present their own topics/idea proposals to the plenary in the third session in the "BarCamp" format using keywords and a very short description (shorter than 1 minute). The participants select the four topics that arouse the majority of interest. These are presented and then discussed with the plenary.
BayFOR will present the four future AI/robotics calls 2024 under Horizon Europe:
AI, Data and Robotics (incl. efficient, robust, safe, adaptive and trusted robots):
- HORIZON-CL4-2024-DIGITAL-EMERGING-01-03: Novel paradigms and approaches, towards AI-powered robots– step change in functionality (AI, data and robotics partnership) (RIA)
- HORIZON-CL4-2024-DIGITAL-EMERGING-01-04: Industrial leadership in AI, Data and Robotics boosting competitiveness and the green transition (AI Data and Robotics Partnership) (IA)
Leadership in AI based on trust
- HORIZON-CL4-2024-HUMAN-01-06: Explainable and Robust AI (AI Data and Robotics Partnership) (RIA)
- HORIZON-CL4-2024-HUMAN-01-07: Collaborative intelligence – combining the best of machine and human (AI Data and Robotics Partnership) (RIA)
If you would like to give a short presentation (pitch talk of max. 4 minutes), please indicate this on the registration form when registering for the workshop, and send your presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8 September 2023 at the latest.
Please use this PowerPoint template for your presentation. The conditions of participation and practical information on the pitch talk session can be found at the following link: Practical Information Pitch Talks.
Please note that there are only a limited number of places for pitch talks. These places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. As soon as the maximum number of pitch talks has been reached, the email address email@example.com will be deactivated. You will be informed by 11 September 2023 at the latest whether you have the opportunity to hold a pitch talk.
Thursday, 14 September 2023, 12:00 - 18:00 hrs. (CET)
Representation of the Free State of Bavaria in the Czech Republic
110 00 Praha 1
Unfortunately, there is no parking directly at the building of the Bavarian representative office.
Therefore, we recommend using public transport within Prague. The Office of the Representation of the Free State of Bavaria is about five to ten minutes walk from the following stops:
- Metro station: Můstek, lines A and B.
- Metro and tram station: Staroměstská, line A or 2, 17, 18
You can find the event agenda here.
You can find the registration link here. Participation is free of charge.
Deadline for registration is 8 September 2023. Only the confirmation of participation entitles to attend the event.
Contact at BayFOR
For conceptual questions:
Dr. Panteleïmon Panagiotou
Head of Unit
Information/Communication Technologies | Natural Sciences & Engineering
For technical questions on EU calls:Dipl.-Wirt.-Ing. Dan Gutu
Information/Communication Technologies | Natural & Engineering Sciences