International Workshop “Green materials for Batteries in Horizon 2020”
The transition to climate neutrality, including through clean and low emission mobility, will bring significant opportunities for economic growth, job creation and technological development in Europe. Demand for batteries is expected to grow very rapidly in the coming years. Forward-looking research, development and innovation policies will have a key role to enable Europe and its Member States to make the most of this transition. Therefore, the European Commission supports the development of new materials and cell production processes for batteries of the next generation to make Europe an important battery location worldwide:
<link https: ec.europa.eu commission presscorner detail en ip_19_6705 _blank>
This EU initiative brings new funding opportunities for European researchers specialized in battery technologies. Therefore, we would like to invite you to join our workshop, where you will have the opportunity:
- to meet with other researchers from academia and industry working on batteries;
- to hold a short presentation (pitch talk) on your institution, your research areas, the partners you are seeking and especially your project idea and the topic(s) you would like to address;
- to network with other participants, match on specific topics and initiate joint projects on the following topics related to batteries:
- <link https: ec.europa.eu info funding-tenders opportunities portal screen topic-details _blank>LC-BAT-8-2020: Next-generation batteries for stationary energy storage
- <link https: ec.europa.eu info funding-tenders opportunities portal screen topic-details _blank>LC-BAT-9-2020: Hybridisation of battery systems for stationary energy storage
- <link https: ec.europa.eu info funding-tenders opportunities portal screen topic-details _blank>LC-BAT-10-2020: Next generation and realisation of battery packs for BEV and PHEV
- <link https: ec.europa.eu info funding-tenders opportunities portal screen topic-details _blank>LC-BAT-11-2020: Reducing the cost of large batteries for waterborne transport
For further information on the specific calls, please click on the links above. The deadline for submission of proposals under the above-mentioned topics is 21 April 2020.
Our international workshop is supported by the <link>Enterprise Europe Network, Europe’s largest advisory network for SMEs.
If you would like to give a short presentation (pitch talk of max. 5 minutes), please indicate it when you register for the workshop using the <link https: www.bayfor.org en news events registration teilnehmer new _blank>registration form and send your presentation to <link>email@example.com no later than 13 February 2020. Please note that there is only a limited number of slots for pitch talks. The organisers reserve the right to prioritise the speakers based on the quality of their submitted presentations and their project ideas. On 17 February 2020 at the latest, you will be informed whether you will have the opportunity to present your project idea. For practical information on the pitch talk session, please click on the following link: <link file:10834 _blank>practical information pitch talks.
Wednesday, 19 February 2020, 10:00 to 17:00 hrs.
Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy
Conference room 1008
The event is free of charge, but registration is compulsory.
Please register now for the International Workshop “Green materials for Batteries in <link>Horizon 2020” using <link https: www.bayfor.org en news events registration teilnehmer new _blank>this link! Deadline for registration is 3 February 2020. Please note that there is only a limited number of places available for this event. An early registration is recommended. Confirmations of participation will be sent by 5 February 2020.
The agenda is available <link file:10928 _blank>here.
The event will be held in English.
Contact at BayFOR
Dr Panteleimon Panagiotou
Head of Unit
Information & Communication Technologies | Engineering & Natural Sciences
Phone: +49 (0)89 9901 888 – 130
Contact at Innovation Centre Denmark
Ulrik Kjølsen Olsen
Consul and Research & Innovation Attaché
Phone: +49 (0)171 309 6314