Next Destination: Horizon Europe – Circularity & Bioeconomy – How to match your R&I proposal with EU and regional strategies
The European Commission has recognized the potential of the circularity and bioeconomy to meet global climate targets and make Europe a greener continent. To reach these goals, the Commission has developed several political strategies, some of which will be discussed during the event, e.g. the recently launched European Green Deal, the Circular Economy Action Plan, the Bioeconomy Strategy, the Plastics Strategy and the Action Plan on Critical Raw Materials.
Further strategies at local or regional level also need to be developed and implemented in accordance with these EU policies. During the first part of the event, representatives from the Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy (Germany), the Region of Wallonia (Belgium) and the City of Oslo (Norway) will present their own regional circular or bioeconomy-oriented strategies and highlight the chances and challenges resulting from their implementation.
In the second part of the event, we will present circularity and bioeconomy funding options under Horizon Europe, the EU’s new Framework Programme for Research and Innovation, and ongoing EU-funded projects will report about their best practices in terms of impact creation and project implementation.
UPSCALE will provide insight into the specifics of EU-Africa cooperations,Phy2Climate and LCBA both include partners and case study sites from Latin America. Circular Flooring has a strong industry participation and will also report about the industry’s motivation to participate in such an EU R&I project.
In the third part of the event, we will offer two breakout sessions in order to facilitate discussions between the participants and to give them a platform to exchange ideas. This is also an opportunity for them to virtually meet new potential partners for future joint EU projects.
These sessions will run in parallel, therefore the participants are asked to choose one of the sessions below in the registration form:
- Session 1: European Funding opportunities and international cooperation within Horizon Europe
- Session 2: Circularity & Bioeconomy – Challenges, impact creation and solutions
16 June 2021, from 3 pm to 6 pm (CEST)
The event will be held online via GoToWebinar and GoToMeeting. The technical requirements can be found here (GoToWebinar) and here (GoToMeeting). You will receive further information on this with the confirmation of your participation by e-mail.
Please find here the preliminary agenda here.
Please find the registration form here.
Registration is open until 13 June 2021.
Please note that there is only a limited number of places available for this event.
The event is free of charge.
Presented regional strategies on circularity and bioeconomy
Presented EU-funded projects on circularity and bioeconomy
Dr Thomas Ammerl
Head of Unit
Environment, Energy & Bioeconomy
Bavarian Research Alliance (BayFOR) GmbH
Phone +49 (0)89 9901 888 – 120
Follow us on Twitter: @BayFOR_UEB
„Next Destination: Horizon Europe" is a series of information events organised by BayFOR on various topics related to the new European Framework Programme for Research and Innovation:
• Next Destination: Horizon Europe – Funding for Digital Technologies and Mobility – on 18 March 2021
• EU funding programme for innovative SMEs: The European Innovation Council (EIC) – on 25 March 2021
• EU Brokerage Event on Digital and Industrial Technologies, Mobility, OITB & M-ERA.NET – on 29 April 2021
• Project Factory "CrosslinkForests" – on 4 May 2021
• Project Factory “Farm2Fork“ – on 11 May 2021
• Project Factory “Energy“ – on 9 June 2021
• Next Destination: Horizon Europe – Circularity & Bioeconomy – How to match your R&I proposal with EU and regional strategies – on 9 June 2021
• Funding opportunities for Health and Food – on 22 June 2021
• Klimaneutrale Städte und Regionen: Horizont Europa als Instrument zur Umsetzung (in German language) – on 8 July 2021
• Cooperation opportunities for non-EU partners in Horizon Europe: RLS-Sciences – on 22 July 2021
• Socio-economic Sciences & Humanities | Security Research (tbc)
We regularly publish concrete information on these events on our website and social media channels (LinkedIn und Twitter).