Next Destination: Horizon Europe – Project Factory “Crosslink Forests”
On 1 January 2021, "Horizon Europe", the EU's new framework programme for research and innovation, was launched. It will run from 2021 to 2027 and has a budget of 95.5 billion euros.
The BayFOR event Project Factory “Crosslink Forests” will promote the creation of consortia and partnering activities in view of future applications for the following Horizon Europe topics:
1) HORIZON-CL5-2021-D1-01-09: The contribution of forest management to climate action: pathways, trade-offs and co-benefits [Cluster 5, Destination 1]
2) HORIZON-CL6-2022-CircBio-02-07-two-stage: Harnessing the digital revolution in the forest-based sector [Cluster 6, Destination 5]
Please be aware that these topics are still draft versions and therefore subject to potential changes until the final version is published.
The event is targeted at interested Bavarian and European stakeholders who, ideally, have already a clear project idea to address one of the above-mentioned calls, or who would like to participate in a consortium. Our BayFOR experts will provide insight into the scope and requirements of both calls.
During the workshop, you will have the opportunity to:
- receive up-to-date information on the two specific Horizon Europe topics mentioned above;
- present your specific project idea on one of the two topics in a short pitch, and/or
- present your area of expertise in order to find partners or consortia who may benefit from it;
- exchange with other European participants on specific project ideas and approaches.
4 May 2021, from 9:00 to 12:00 hrs (CET)
The event will be held online via GoToWebinar and GoToMeeting. The technical requirements can be found
here (GoToWebinar) and here (GoToMeeting). You will receive further information on this with the confirmation of your participation by e-mail.
Please find here the preliminary agenda.
Please find the registration form here. Registration is open until 16 April 2021.
Please note that there is only a limited number of places available for this event (25 participants). In case the event is overbooked, the organisers reserve the right to prioritise the participants based on their profile, expertise and/or project idea.
Submission of presentations of project ideas and/or expertise:
Please note that priority will be given to participants who share their project idea and/or are willing to present their expertise during the workshop. Participants interested in giving a brief presentation are asked to submit their presentation (after they have filled in the registration form) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, by 16 April 2021 at the latest.
For doing so, please use this Powerpoint template. Please note that each presentation should have a maximum of 4 slides. Details on the requested presentation contents and format can be found in the template.
The event is free of charge.
BayFOR Unit Environment, Energy & Bioeconomy
Carolin Schuback und Sebastian Kägler
Bavarian Research Alliance (BayFOR) GmbH
Phone +49 (0)89 9901 888 - 123 or - 126
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
„Next Destination: Horizon Europe" is a series of information events organised by BayFOR on various topics related to the new European Framework Programme for Research and Innovation. Further events are currently being planned on the following topics:
- EU Brokerage Event on Digital and Industrial Technologies, Mobility, OITB & M-ERA.NET – on 29 April 2021
- Project Factory “Farm2Fork“ – on 11 May 2021
- Project Factory “Energy“ – on 9 June 2021
- Circularity and bioeconomy: with regional strengths towards international cooperation – on 16 June 2021
- Funding opportunities for Health and Food – on 22 June 2021
- Klimaneutrale Städte und Regionen: Horizont Europa als Instrument zur Umsetzung (in German language) – on 8 July 2021
- Cooperation opportunities for non-EU partners in Horizon Europe: RLS-Sciences – on 22 July 2021
- Socio-economic Sciences & Humanities | Security Research (tbc)